Originally Posted by leomort
For you more experience reloaders, how do you go about calculating how to stockpile for your needs? Trying to get a better understanding of your logic and numbers.

For example I must be something wrong. I use to shoot about 3,000 round of 9mm/year between me and my wife. So I'd order sleeve (5,000) pistol primers. As I got close to my year consumption, I'd order another sleeve. This way I'd always have about ~2,000 primers in reserve. Obviously, I did it wrong because I got caught short. What should I be doing? Always have 5k small pistol primers in reserve? Or more like a three year reserve supply, so like 15k small pistol primers? Is that what you guys do? Thanks for your help!

Anyone who is really serious about this has not passed up a chance, since at least the Obama election, to purchase the entire component stock of any and every store he has entered.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.