I used this ultimate cartridge almost exclusively for a decade, from 2007-2016. I'm a loony at heart and like to use lots of different rifles but during that time work, including a few years overseas, restricted both my rifle work and hunting opportunities, so I kept it simple when the hunts occurred. Rifle is a Rem 722 made in May of 1951, with a Leupold 4X Compact (which I think JB has written is actually about 3.3 power in the Compact version). The original stock had been cut short so I found a M700 SA beechwood takeoff on eBay and fit and bedded it to the M722, and added a pad to restore the LOP.
Shots ranged from around 180 to 380 yards and I never lost a critter. I was shooting the 100 TSX for all of those years but recently laid in a supply of those stubby ogive 115gr partitions from SPS that are just perfect for this rifle and shoot even better. If I hunt it in the future that's what I'll use, for sure. Recently acquired a couple hundred Nosler +P cases as well so this rifle is now ready for another lifetime of hunting.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And yes - that IS my lucky shirt. And my lucky hat.
Cheers,
Rex