I have had good experiences with GPO in quality and customer service. My first scope was the 4-12X42 model (made in the Philippines or Japan...I am not sure.). I thought it had clear and bright optics and I liked the plex reticle a lot. For the price, I thought it was a solid buy from Doug @ CameraLand. My only issue was at 9x and above the eyebox was tighter and eye relief was shorter. Maybe just a flaw in the way I shoot? Nevertheless, I could feel it grazing my brow with heavy smokeless loads in a muzzleloader. I called GPO and discussed this and was suggested I send it back and try the Passion 3X 4-12x50i Riflescope, G4i Reticle. I just paid the difference. Outstanding customer service in my opinion.

The Passion 3X 4-12x50i Riflescope, G4i Reticle was made in Japan. Optics were very good on this scope. Certainly a step up. I didn’t use the illumination so hard to speak too much of it. It was very bright at night. I really liked this scope.

The third GPO I purchased and used was the PASSION 6-24x50 (made in Japan). It had target turrets. Glass was good as well. I compared it with a meopta meopro 6-18X50 and could not tell any difference in optic clarity and low light. As far as dialing, I have really no experience. I liked the MOA reticle and set it and left it that way for my style of hunting.

I also purchased the passion 8X42 HD binos. These are simply amazing optics to my eyes. I compared them to the kowa Genesis and while they were the 8X33, I couldn't tell a difference in image quality. If any, maybe the GPO’s beats the kowa by a hair.

I am interested in some of their newer scope offerings but don’t have a need at this time.

J