Originally Posted by Starbuck
[quote=Oldelkhunter][quote=Starbuck]. But you do have to admit that, given where they're made, a name like German Precision Optics does have an Orewellian doublespeak quality to it. . Clearly it's a marketing schtick. .

I'd like to see someone get their shipment of scopes off the slow boat from China and openly market them as such.You could come up with a ton of pithy slogans to make your brand memorable. Something like "Chicom Optics - We know you'd rather not, but likely will anyway".

Maybe such honesty would resonate with buyers.

It's not technically dishonest. And as far as I know, they're not trying to hide the coo. But it is at least a little deliberately misleading that a company named German Precision Optics offers only Asiatic product. German Inspired Optics might be more appropriate.

Starbucks,
By far the BEST response!!!****
German INSPIRED Optics >>> NOT German Precision Optics
I can’t believe this conversation is going on. Many BELIEVE China is our FRIEND. Retailers pushing this COMMUNIST CRAP...... AMERICANS BUYING this crap. It’s not about the Asians, It’s about the Fuc**n COMMUNIST Chinese. How far do you purchasers and sellers have your heads up your ass????