Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by Starbuck
[quote=Oldelkhunter][quote=Starbuck]. But you do have to admit that, given where they're made, a name like German Precision Optics does have an Orewellian doublespeak quality to it. . Clearly it's a marketing schtick. .

I'd like to see someone get their shipment of scopes off the slow boat from China and openly market them as such.You could come up with a ton of pithy slogans to make your brand memorable. Something like "Chicom Optics - We know you'd rather not, but likely will anyway".

Maybe such honesty would resonate with buyers.

It's not technically dishonest. And as far as I know, they're not trying to hide the coo. But it is at least a little deliberately misleading that a company named German Precision Optics offers only Asiatic product. German Inspired Optics might be more appropriate.

Starbucks,
By far the BEST response!!!****
German INSPIRED Optics >>> NOT German Precision Optics
I can’t believe this conversation is going on. Many BELIEVE China is our FRIEND. Retailers pushing this COMMUNIST CRAP...... AMERICANS BUYING this crap. It’s not about the Asians, It’s about the Fuc**n COMMUNIST Chinese. How far do you purchasers and sellers have your heads up your ass????

They got their inspiration from Leupold, you know made the made in America company. Just disregard the fact that their glass and internals come from China, that they make some scope bodies here but the rest are imported. Their binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders are all made in China with few exceptions.