CashisKing;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that the Thanksgiving weekend is behaving for you all and you're well.

If I may, I'll add another scenario for you which happened to us here in rural BC.

It was 2003 and a fairly major forest fire started just a wee bit down the road. The cause eventually turned out to be an eagle landing on a power pole or at least that's my understanding. The bird didn't make it, the power went off for a fairly large chunk of the neighborhood and the fire started, that much I know.

The local gas station, as well as a food mart had a generator, but there was no inner webs so all transactions needed to be completed with cash.

It was a hot Okanagan day right around 100° and windy, so in short order we were given a half hour to load the horses and evacuate our property - which we did, then dropped over to pick up my Mother in Law who was on 15 minute alert.

Now we had our family and her to take care of and no transactions of any kind were possible without cash anywhere in town.

Anyways, we're fairly stocked with all sorts of things that the uncertain vagaries of life might throw our way here in rural BC, so along with tools to fight a fire and clear a road if we needed to do that to evacuate, we had enough cash to buy all we'd need for a week and enough to lend out to any of our neighbors who didn't have the cash on hand.

Just like the 10lb fire extinguisher, the 8000lb winch, recovery gear, water, food and a noise maker of some description, it never hurts to be prepared.

All the best to you all this Thanksgiving sir, may none of us ever need the emergency gear we've got ready.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"