Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by MPat70
In all seriousness, for the guys that think cash will be worth a damn when things go south you need to change that cash for hard coin silver and gold. Plus things to barter with like medicine, can foods, livestock, seeds, ammo etc...... Those will be the true valuable assets in times of global collapse.

Me? I'm just a country boy and you know what Hank Jr. Says about country boys?

Amen! ^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

memtb

Long term SHF scenario maybe...

The problem with gold and / or silver though is finding businesses that are set up to accept either as payment.

Also with gold and silver prices per ounce as high as they are now, how would you break it down into smaller denominations in order to pay for anything that costs less than current gold / silver value?

I was primarily referring to the medicine, seeds, livestock, ammo, canned foods, ect! For a period of time, those commodities will be worth more than silver/gold

memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024