Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by IZH27
Based On your posts HC you present God as a genie in a bottle. If you rub the bottle the right way, pray the right way, have the right kind of emotion, have enough emotion, say the right things, don’t say the wrong things you believe that you can manipulate God into granting your will.

That’s not Christian.

You are wrong.

The power and work of prayer is described in the Bible. It says nothing about emotion.

Do you believe in prayer?

Define prayer, there's about as many definitions as there are believers... let's hear your version.

Kent

Your words make no sense.

Prayer is making supplication to God. It is talking to God.

Let's hear how you pray, you have come here constantly challenging everyone else's Christianity, belief and now prayer. Many of us have opened up personally with our faith in Christ, yet you ask if we are Christians or believe in prayer.

Let's hear you pray.

Kent

Hmm…. You openly challenged me, my beliefs and salvation….then you declined to back up your statements. Now here you are again.

Your “challenges” remind me that Dunning-Kruger kid….. Starman.

Oh, hello.
Ya, you've made it clear in other threads your "belief" and then you challenge anyone to clarify theirs hoping you can come up with some flaw based on your literal reading of scripture. I think Christ called people who did that "Lawyers", religious leaders who interpret the scriptures from some legal perspective.
The very first instruction from Jesus was to.................FIRST seek the Kingdom............which leaves the question, where is the Kingdom of which he answered with exactly where it was at. It would seem that many don't believe him.

Where is Starman, I rather enjoyed his posts. Gus also.

Well......you're trying to play switch again....you made allegations about me and how I believe. I simply asked you to back up those allegations and .... you folded.

And, like Starman, when you are backed into a corner...or find yourself holding some untenable position you bob and weave... you try to change the subject and avoid backing up what you say.

I simply asked you to explain why you accused me of rejecting truth. So, what truth is it that you think I rejected? You said it, not me.

I also note this comment from you:

"It is obvious you don't understand who you are or who God is even though it plainly says in the scriptures you read. You have no idea how to enter in the Kingdom nor how to see the face of God, but yet you want to preach to me in an effort to lead me down some primrose path.”

So, tell me why it is that I "don't understand who" I am .... you can also explain how you concluded that I have "no idea how to enter in the Kingdom.."

Aren't you being a bit "Lawyers" like here?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”