Originally Posted by K22
This is the same bait and switch you tried to play on Starman. I should have remembered. You hint at your position concerning a subject when answering an opposing view, but when challenged to that position you claim false allegations are being shown and want them clarified so you can declare you never said that, even though you challenged another position.
My position on any of the subjects posted is quite clear, I've even used a few of the many scriptures show why I believe that way. But I will state one of my beliefs again. I do not and have not for some time believe that the Bible is a book to be read literally. If it was, then man could write or even rewrite the meaning of those scriptures and they have, although I think they prefer the word translate. If a book is written from a "parable" point using symbols then something done from that position cannot be misinterpreted since it is an "allegorical" story to show a symbolic sign. About the only way to interpret what is being shown is to: take no thought, Be still, cast your net to the right side, eastward was planted a garden, and go into your closet and shut the door. These are all pointing to meditation, not the Yoga style of meditation which is good for calming oneself, but a meditation to enter the Kingdom that dwells in the 90% of your mind you don't use. The 10% that we do use containing thoughts, emotions, ect. is then given up or tithed.
Those subjects the church has warned people to back away from because they are evil or of the (D)evil is the key that Christ talked about...Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
And one part of that key of knowledge to enter into the Kingdom why you are alive, not dead, since God is a God of the living, not the dead, Mark 12:27, is Astrology, Job 38:31-33, in which is written the whole Biblical story in ancient Greek and Egyptian mystic symbolism, with numerology as part of that symbolism. An example of that is Rev. 13:18 and Rev. 14:1.

Yeah yeah….,the more the words the less the meaning. The fact remains that you made dishonest and incorrect allegations…. Perhaps what you posted could be viewed as accusations… but in any event, you shot off your mouth and when you were challenged, you declined to back up your statements and failed to justify your yourself.

Why? ….you failed to defend your allegations because you knew they were indefensible….. so you try the bob/weave and switch … "Lawyers?" ... you are the one placing yourself in this position..... not me,

Still doing it….. more yada yada…..

Edit to add: Brandolini's law, also known as the bullshit asymmetry principle, is an internet adage that emphasizes the difficulty of debunking false, facetious, or otherwise misleading information: "The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is needed to produce it." (It is near impossble to debunk bullshit when the purveyor of bs refuses to ackknowledge basis truth and fact)

I suspect Brandolini had "dishonest debaters" in mind when he came up with this.....

Last edited by TF49; 12/03/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”