Antlers

As I’ve read your posts on the subject I’ve the last few months I appreciate that you’ve gone a long way in developing the argument for your view. I also appreciate that you have an emotional attachment to that view because of learning it from your grandfather. I’ll share my view which is in no way an attack.

I see three major obstacles to your position. There are tangent points but the three is enough for a forum. Jesus said of himself that the law and prophets testified about Him. That’s true and is the major theme of the Old Testament. The Apostles preached to the early church from the OT and recognized their writings as carrying an equal weight. History is a graveyard of movements that have tried to recreate what they thought the new norm was based in the book of acts. As I previously stated, all churches that trace their roots to the restoration movement and Azusa St revival fall into that category. Absolute failures at recreating what happened in Acts. The Anabaptists in the counter reformation in Germany and all denominations that find their roots there. There are other movements but that’s a large chunk that are easily referenced.