GW;
Good evening my southern friend, I hope the day was a good one for you folks and that all in your fine family are well.

Indeed I've long held that words matter, which is why we need to pay attention to all sorts of aspects of our written and spoken communications.

We had a neighbor who was a fairly strict vegan, but was okay with folks hunting to get their protein as she felt it was an honest way to go about it.

She couldn't seemingly bring herself to ask if I'd killed anything, but would often ask in her wonderful Swiss accent if I'd "caught anything yet hunting". wink grin

When teaching the Hunter Safety course we talk about this during the ethics portion and I've long held and opined that hunting isn't a "sport" per se as typically things don't die during sporting events.

All that to say when we hunt, whether for meat or for predator control, the object is to kill something in order to use either its meat or hide if at all possible.

I'd say though in closing GW, that when one of the yard mulie fawns "harvested" my red beets a little early or when one of the 4 black bears who were on patrol harvested my pear tree this year, I did think that I might like to "harvest" them right back! shocked

Thanks for the thread as I do agree with your thoughts on the matter and all the best to you all as we head into the Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"