Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Blackheart
When there are so many "hunters" these days who raise deer like a crop of farm animals, I'm surprised there is an objection to using the word "harvest" once they've been fed, photographed, passed up and allowed to age enough to finally produce a good set of antlers. This seems particularly odd coming from a Texan.

Shows how much you know about me, and hunting Texas doesn't it?

It's all good JG.

Blackheart, I'll make you an offer. I made this offer years ago more than once, never had any takers. Mosey on down to Uvalde Texas, pretty much any time you want, as I'm retired. I'll meet you and we can go to my lease. I have a camper and there is a line shack you can stay in. Be sure to bring water as there is no potable water to be had other than what you bring in. Also bring anything else you require as we are 20 miles from the nearest town and six miles off the paved road.
If you want power, (it may be 90 degrees at 10 PM, May through September), you can use a spare generator we have.

Its a 60,000 + acre, low fenced/no fenced ranch, out of which we have a 1,700 acre pasture. No it is not high fenced, but we do bait. Chances are you are from and area that has plenty of public land which to hunt. You may spot and stalk in your home territory. Other than for turkey, varmints or sneaking up on a feeder at night with thermal, while hunting pigs, we don't. That is not local custom here.

What I will do is take a 55 gallon drum and paint it fluorescent orange and hide it somewhere on our 1,700 acre lease. If you can find it in 3 days, I'll give you $2,000, and pay your gas back. The only caveat is that you have to spot and stalk. No motorized vehicle.

A few views of the topography that you will be traipsing

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

175 yds. from an elevated blind

+/- 270 yds to the dot from the blind!

You will probably want to wear brush pants and long sleeves, even if it is 100degrees F,

as just about every plant you will brush up against either pricks, claws

sticks or stings!

Hint, bring a good pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass. Those little tiny clusters of Cactus hairs are hell to get out with fingernails or a pocket knife.

you will want to wear footwear that gives good ankle support.

I will provide you with a two-way radio to keep on your person while spotting and stalking. There is no cell service, and should you become dehydrated or break a hip or ankle, I'll need to come get you.

Anywho,

Come on down, it will be an experience. I know that the guys that I have entertained in the past that were from different western states told me that having hunted for several days, and enjoyed the hospitality, it changed their whole view of the way we hunt here, and each said they would like to come back.

Best,

GWB

Jesus Christ Geedub, how do you get about...on stilts?

That is dense country.

Last edited by JSTUART; 12/02/21.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.