Originally Posted by Blackheart

That's a damn nice offer GW. Very generous.Thanks ! But I'm afraid I have no desire to hunt in Texas. I have plenty of hunting here. Got 13,000 + acres of State forest just up the road and hundreds of thousands more within a half hours drive in any direction. Baiting is illegal here, the State land is all heavily forested and deer numbers are comparatively low but I do like to wander. Water isn't a problem, it's everywhere. In fact the ground, trees and everything else is covered with it in it's frozen white form. There is no cell service where I hunt here either. If you get lost or fall and break something you better be able to get a fire going or you're likely to freeze to death. I might die of thirst or heat stroke there.

I understand. It is what it is, and the offer was made in all sincerity. I appreciate your courteous response.

I was born in Texas, have lived here all my life. Been after birds and critters since I was six. I'll be 70 on the 21st of this month. I would have loved to have grown up in a western or nothern clime, but what the hey! Such was not the case.

With time and preparation I could go hunt pretty much all over the world should I want to,(subject to being a 70 yr old flatlander) but I'm content these days to hunt the way I do here.

Waidmannsheil!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/02/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.