Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Blackheart
When there are so many "hunters" these days who raise deer like a crop of farm animals, I'm surprised there is an objection to using the word "harvest" once they've been fed, photographed, passed up and allowed to age enough to finally produce a good set of antlers. This seems particularly odd coming from a Texan.

Shows how much you know about me, and hunting Texas doesn't it?
So you don't agree that they are common practices in Texas ? In fact that those practices originated in Texas and are so commonly used that Texas is known for such things all across the Country ? For certain there are many here who've proudly posted pictures of their feeders and food plots and game cam pics of bucks that were either "shooters" ready for harvest or ones that are to be passed up because they are not yet "mature" enough and ready for harvest or "culls" that need to be removed so as not to contaminate the genetics of the herd. All common farm practices. I've said it before and I'll say it again. A hunters list of equipment does not include such things as feed, feeders, supplements, seed, plows, discs, fertilizer etc.. Those are the tools of a farmer.