Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Talked to a guy yesterday, who let his 2012 go, and picked up a 2020, with that 3.5 l.. has had it about 10K.. told me that he disliked it, because of the fuel injection changes, its acceleration is hesitant right at first and then kicks in...the mileage isn't any where near is good, nor does it have the power the 4/0 did... and a oil change at the dealer is a lot more spendy, because of the pain in the ass you'll find out it is, if you try and do it yourself....

I had my 4 Runner with me and was saying I was thinking about picking up one..

he told me if I was going to upgrade to buy a used one with the 4.0 instead of a new 3.5 in a 2020....

just passing the conversation on.. draw your own conclusions...

Yep, that is what a buddy of mine told me too. He much prefers his 2015 4.0 over the newer 3.5 he had. He says he hated the 3.5. He said something about getting a pedal commander right off the bat, if I buy one with a 3.5. I don't know much about that, but he says that helps with the hesitation. I'm currently looking at getting a low mile 2013 with the 4.0, so I was asking my buddy what he thought, since he's had both...

The friend I was speaking of is in his early 70s and is pretty well set financially, G.Pass born and raised...His solution for his problem is he is going to be spending $3K on changing the axle gear ratio up to 4.88 gears or more. He figures it will be his last truck, so he doesn't mind.. and can certainly afford it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez