Well one only has to pull the butt stock off a ruger red label and a browning citori, it takes maybe 2 seconds to figure out that the browning is the pick for real value. Ruger never spends a dime on how nice the inside is compared to the outside. No more machining inside than absolutely necessary. JMB didn't design the Citori but set it next to a Superposed and you know where it came from. Ruger has never made anything better than it has to be to work for awhile. That isn't genius it's cheap ass yet some rugers are ok. So many rugers were designed to minimize production costs but not last a lifetime like browning designs. It's hard for me to even compare the 2 men, the mold was broke when JMB died but he did give us Val. When ruger died he left a son who carried on business and people who pull guns off the end of the assembly line stuff them in a plastic bag and a box without any QC/QA . Then send them out to let the new owner end up sending them back. JMB lives forever thru his guns. Ruger is just dead. Way I feel...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 01/17/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "