Originally Posted by prose
Only a Marketing man can sell a gun "Designed to wear in, not out"

NAGW, but……
I have eight Rugers in my safe, three Smith & Wessons. I like them all. My Smiths have good triggers and are tight action-wise and are accurate. My Rugers likewise have very good triggers, are tight action-wise, and are accurate. The Rugers have had self performed action and trigger jobs (that’s what gun looney’s do). Only one Smith needed any action work. The Rugers will handle considerably more extreme use than will the Smiths. For that I am thankful for William B. Ruger. I have used firearms in the military designed by John Browning, but I have never owned one. I am aware however of his genius! My reason for posting this is…………comparing the two men is a venture into futility, as is comparing Ruger revolvers to Smith & Wesson’s. I don’t accept hatred for either man. Both had their place in the development of our firearms industry. Personally, I am quite fond of Ruger firearms as I am sure I would be if I owned anything designed by Browning.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug