Originally Posted by HitnRun

Ruger was a self serving putz;

Bill Ruger received criticism from some gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds. On March 30, 1989, Ruger sent a letter to every member of the United States Congress, stating:

The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives.

William B. Ruger

And the bastard, no friend to gun owners, managed to work a loophole around to keep his mini 14 from the expired assault weapons ban, while saying nothing about the AR ban itself. Pure and simple greed. NO spine to stand up for gun owners as a whole.

Due to that I still to this day won't buy a ruger as a first choice. I have a few. But I prefer to spend my money other places that have not stabbed gun owners in the back.

But most know my feelings about him. He is one that ticked me off so bad with that stunt I'd probably pee on....

To think my goal once was to have a 77 in every caliber made...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....