Figure out what 'most' people are buying now regards interior colors and such, it defeats the purpose of an 'upgrade' or modernization if the next person doesn't care for your 'cup of tea'..........

Also, don't be surprised if the majority of your calls to the ad are from realtors wanting to list your property or to tell you that you are asking too much, BTDT.....

We sold ours for 'asking price', realtors said we were asking too much for a 3/2, I said well it's really a 5/4, they responded with 'no it's not, it's a three two' !?!?!?!? 'I live here, and I can count.................'

not sure about the market in Oregon, but here in FLA if you list a house, almost regardless of price.............. be prepared to move......... like NOW!!!

If a realtor wants to bring an offer, deposit with contract it's worth something, I offered them 2%, ended up paying 1%..........

And just dispense with the whole BS of you paying closing costs and flooring allowances and crap, tell them just make an offer, you pay your fees, I'll pay mine..........

And some people think that a 'cash' deal is worth so much more, it might save a little time over someone that is going to mortgage. BUT unless you're going to hold the paper they are all 'cash deals'......... and I didn't care where the cash came from, their pocket, grandmothers purse, or the mortgage company, I got it all day of closing....................

Good luck with you market test!

JMHO

Last edited by Muffin; 01/17/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )