Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The last time I checked, Relators only get paid if you sell your home, so they are highly motivated to talk you into a price that expedites that process. In short, they don't get real excited sitting around, doing the open house thing, driving to a lot of meet and greets if they know it will take awhile to sell a property.

Test the water, see what you catch.

110% agree... when I was very young and new to this stuff... I tried something on my cheap $132k first house sale...

I called 10 Realtors and chatted with them... of the 10 I invited only three to stop by at their convenience... I interviewed those 3... ALL THREE TOLD ME my house was worth $105k to $109k.

I picked one... and told her the price would be $135k... AND she was ONLY getting a 30 day listing contract.

She whined, but agreed.

House went live and the next day a couple drove by while I was in the driveway after work... gave them a tour and I had a contract (actually their Realtor and mine had the contract at $135k)... Inspection et al and settled for $132k.

Moral of the story... MANY if not MOST Realtors will lowball the value to make it a super quick and easy sale. Most are lazy as fugg. The commission delta between $135k and $105k is $1,800 (that number is divided by FOUR people (2 Brokers and 2 Realtors)... No one cares in the end if you loose $30k and they loose $450.

Operative phrase here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH