Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by WhiteTrash

The game is rigged in the realtors favor, they offer no protection and will not do a thing for you if there is even the slightest chance it doesn’t benefit them.

I can't see how anything is rigged in the Realtors favor. It's a simple process. The Realtor does what's necessary to sell your house and you pay them for the service.

If you're the buyer, the Realtor shows you around, tells you who the goos inspectors are, lines you up with the lenders who are offering the best rates,..and the buyer pays absolutely nothing.

But it's nothing to me one way or another. If someone wants to sell fsbo, just do it.

I've sold properties both ways.

But saying that a seller doesn't need to come up with comps is ignorant. It's the only way to come up with a realistic price for your property.

Maybe you get the comps and you want to ask more than the comps indicate. That's fine.

Or maybe you want to sell fast so you price it below the comps. That's fine too.

But either way, you need to know the going market value for the property you're selling.

That's just common sense.

Bristoe is right.