Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Zillow used to have a “make me move” function where the homeowner could state a price that he would accept even though the home wasn’t actively on the market. Kind of like seeing the car you’ve always wanted and asking the owner if he’d sell.
Zillow took that option away but a homeowner can still list, just not be active, so it kind of works the same way.

My question to a realtor, does it look weird if a house gets listed on Zillow for a high price, then a couple of years later gets listed again for a lower price? What kind of flags, if any, does this send up?

I’m in the process of updating my home. New flooring throughout, counters, sink, interior paint, and appliances. The right buyer might be willing to pay serious money in this market and we’re getting ready to downsize in the next few years anyway. I’m thinking about throwing a really high price on a FSBO on Zillow just to see if he’s out there.

P

LIST IT... AS IS WHERE IS... MUST WAVE ALL INSPECTION... CASH/INVESTMENT BUYERS ONLY... DO IT NOW... Like TODAY on Craigslist.

I listed mine $50k over Zillow... I had an offer $20k over listing within 3 hours of it going public. Closing was set at 14 days. It closed on the 8th day. ENotary in my pajamas on my smart phone.

It need about $75k in upgrades. It was HORRIBLE BUILD (Pulte) on a 1/10 acre lot... selling price was $300+ per SF.

With that said... You may or may not have the same insane good luck, but try... won't hurt a thing... waste a few hours/days of your time at most.

Inspections... VA, FHA, Conventional financing will take weeks or months and rates will have hurt the market considerably by then... strong chance to miss out.

MUST WAVE ALL INSPECTION... CASH/INVESTMENT BUYERS ONLY.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.