Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm thinking 00 buck

I did not realize that 00 buck would make for good ammo when fired from a 10.5inch 5.56/.223
๐Ÿ˜Ž
Point - it can't.
Wrong tool for the job.

Well I was trying to get my point across by being gentle but evidently this approach is not working.

This is the AR and Tactical rifle section .

And I did not ask which was the best tool for home defense , IE Rifle VS shotgun VS Pistol
I asked which Factory loaded 5.56/.223 would be a good choice for a 10.5 " AR-15 pistol.

While I can see that you are adamant in your choice of Buckshot and Shotgun for Home defense that was not my question.

I have several shotguns and they are in fact loaded with buckshot 12 gauge with 00 and 20 gauge with #3.
Fine choice for a shotgun but I Like the weight ,shortness ,Capacity and low recoil of the 5.56/.223 Pistol .
My wife is all of 80 pounds and 74 years old and barely able to hold up even a Lightweight 20 Gauge with 20 inch barrel and can barely tolerate the recoil from
the semi auto 20 Gauge.

I have made the choice for a 10.5 inch barrel 5.56/.223 for myself and her because of the weight,good terminal ballistics for the ranges involved ,Magazine capacity etc.
That does not mean that my other guns will be unloaded or unavailable for use.

The only person who has to be satisfied with my choice of home defense weapon is myself.

I did not have to Justify my choice to have and use a a 10.5" barreled 5.56/.223 for home defense but CHOSE to, to better explain that my question was about which ammo was recommended for the weapon I choose and NOT whether a shotgun or a rifle or a handgun was best for Defense.

I am sure that you meant well and trust that you understand my question better now.

By the way ,do you have any input on a good load for home defense using a 10.5" barreled 5.56/.223 AR-15 Pistol ?

Last edited by bcraig; 01/20/22.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money