Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by rost495
40 vmax here in case it goes outside due to other houses.

Anything will be loud in a house. It will be life or death. It likely will never happen. I'd not worry the noise part at all.

Most posted here don't get what they posted, they have been in similar and amazing are still alive and can still hear to some extent

Do you think the 40 Grain Vmax is going to give enough penetration if you were to have to shoot and the angle was anything but a totally frontal shot and still reach the vitals ?

I agree that I will likely never need to use it to protect us and that anything shot in a house is going to loud whether Shotgun
or rifle or handgun..
I hope I never do need it for home defense but would rather be deaf than dead..

I suspect if it dumps its energy that its going to slow em down. I can shoot em multiple times. And if the first few dont do it, it goes to the head. The head won't stop it. That I know due to having shot a lot of pigs with it. In fact its broken a lot of spines on running pigs. And while it never exits I've not lost a pig to the round yet expect non fatal like lower leg type hits.

We do keep a mag of TTSX laying with the gun though in case.

I'm not saying 40 is the route, just that due to neighbors and cattle etc... we started using it a year ago and so far its better than I thought.

The heavy bullets do not tumble that I've ever seen from shooting deer and pigs with them fairly close. Never at 10 feet though but not at 10 yards to 50 yards for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....