Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
...Fiochi 50 round boxes of Vmax in different weights...

That's almost cheating......almost.

I’m just glad I was able to rathole enough components over the years to load my own. This old guy just too cheap to pay over a buck each for squirrel loads. Started loading because .270 Weatherby ammo got up to $25 a box!

Same here. I bought a 300 wby rifle without knowing how much ammo was. Back when everything else was $9.99 (30-06 and 308) a box. 300 WBY ammo was approaching $30/box. After the first couple hundred rounds I loaded on my rockchucker press, the whole supreme kit was paid for.. And yes, I loaded up 200 rounds very shortly after buying that press in the mid 90's. I wore the barrel out on that poor old rifle with 180gr ballistic tips. Back when they were $12/box. R-P brass was plentiful and cheap too.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
...Fiochi 50 round boxes of Vmax in different weights...

That's almost cheating......almost.

There were some younger guys spraying that chidt at the range the other day. I picked up 150 pcs of GFL brass thanks to those guys. Sometimes spraying and praying does have its benefits. After they left, another guy showed up with his ar and he was shooting that Fiocchi stuff. Seemed to shoot well. I asked if that brass was any good to reload and he said "yes it is damn good". I said I just picked up 150 pieces from some kids that were trying to burn out their barrels with it. He was shooting the 40gr vmax through his 8 twist ar and it appeared to like the stuff. He was having some issues with his new Vortex scope though. He asked me if I had ever seen a Vortex that didn't adjust right. I said yes, I have some friends that have had issues with Vortex, I don't buy them. He said he was going to send it back.

Issues with a Vortex scope that's not a Razor. Once again, not a surprise.
One of my favorite 5 star reviews for a Vortex Strike Eagle was from a guy who had it fail on his first shoot, but Vortex sent him out a new one next day air so he didn't miss the entire competition....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell