Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by David_Walter
What John said.

Any ammo that will stop a person won’t stop in a wall. Period.

Plan accordingly.

There’s not any ammo that's combat effective and “house safe.”

And before some chucklehead says “I’m talking about home defense, not combat,” home defense is combat.

Per Webster, anyways:

combat
kəm-băt′, kŏm′băt″
intransitive verb
To oppose in battle; fight against.
To act or work in order to eliminate, curtail, or stop: synonym: oppose.
To engage in fighting; contend or struggle.

Its been very eye opening running these 40 vmax against hogs at home this winter. I'd have expected them to splash on the sides of the bigger hogs for sure. And definitely not be enough to go through heads and spines.
Its been doing well enough that I'd not hesitate to keep them in the house gun. Hopefully never will have to find out.

If they made it through a wall, and I suspect they will, there won't be much left to them after that. I doubt enough to kill someone or something else.

But like most of the folks, we don't limit mags to a single bullet. If I was out in the middle of nowhere I think we could be happy with 75/77 bthps for the most part, certainly with TTSX of some weight.

Keep a mag of TTSX handy. You simply never know.

So they Penetrate enough to go completely through a hogs head?
Bout how far do they penetrate in a big hogs body?

What Brand is the ammo ?

Reloads yes. I can't recall buying factory ammo in quite some time. We have some of that in AK but not in TX mostly. Other than cheap dove loads, steel shot and rimfire. Grins.

I"ve had em go through hog heads of smaller ones up close. They have yet to not at least enter and destroy whatever inside to kill on broadsides. If they have gotten far enough in to break the spine and neck a few times thats the best answer I can give you.

I have not found an exit yet. Pigs that get body shot and run are usually found in less than 75 yards or so. Some much less.

I understand what others are saying about defense premises. I"ve also shot enough tracers at night through stuff to know that once a bullet hits there is NO telling which way its going to go. almost back towards you is possible. 90 degrees is easy. So we do care about other critters like the cattle, horses etc..even human neighbors. LOL.

If I was going this route and was really worried about not surving then load a few at the top and keep deeper ones under in the mag. If they first few hits dont' work...

The bullet has worked much better than I expected on pigs.. They aren't what I'd call soft. I have not run into one that would hit 200 or even close lately though FWIW. Mostly then are 50 to about 125 pounds.

If I was in an area I didn't care about what the bullet did after it exited these would be the last bullet I'd even think about.

FWIW 50 TTSX we had an issue we thought early on this year. But found out it was shot placement not the bullet. That 50 ttsx will run right on through deer and pigs. Still have to hit the head correctly as my buddy found out. Though I much prefer the 62 ttsx but I digress

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....