Originally Posted by WGM
I don't think Les Miles is any kind of genius, but I also don't think he's an idiot ... He's learning, somewhat quickly, that he needs to yield to his assistants and even his players when they come to him with what they think they should be doing on the field ...

I, like others, have seen Les make some calls that could be costly, but have yet to see him do something that will cost the team a game ... If/when he does do something like that, we can most definitely discuss it ... but until then, I prefer to think that Les and his staff are just doing some weird things when there are no real consequences ... can't see him making some of those calls if/when a game is on the line ...

Also, it should be noted, that I am not oblivious to the fact that LSU is so incredibly stacked with talent, that it does mask some coaching inadequacies ... that kinda scares me and excites me at the same time ...

Zook could recruit like a mofo...Meyer won an NC with Zooks players...you got to be able to coach the just a wee bit, or hire good coaches to make you look good. Miles isn't a complete buffoon. You're right to an extent, talent on the field will win you a lot of games by itself.

War Damn Eagle!