A few years ago my wife's boss talked me into going into a bar right next to LSU a few hours before LSU/Bama kickoff. We were accompanied by his son and my wife. Since all three of the fellows were over 6 feet tall and averaged about 230 lbs,we weren't too worried about all those bad ass coonass fans.

About this time a Bowl Offial wearing a badge from a 'minor' bowl comes in the bar and the biggest,baddest,drunkest cajun decides that bowl is unworthy of being on the same planet as LSU.He throws his beer at the bowl official and it mainly hits us.

Since there are 100 of them and three of us,I was willing to forgive and forget but the wife's boss walks up to Mr.Bad and asks "Did you mean to do that?"

Mr. Bad answers " If I did what you gonna do about it breaux?".

Since about twenty standard size cajuns were with Mr. Bad, I figured I better back up my host and also figured his son would be right behind me. I moved to the middle of the pack of mean cajuns and turned around to see the boss's son headed for the door with my wife.

The boss looks at Mr. Bad,puts his hand on my shoulder and answers him with " I'm gonna have my friend kick your ass"

Suddenly every eye in the place is on me and one big,bad cajun.
All of the standard size cajuns scatter like rabbits leaving David(me) and Goliath the Cajun to settle it for everyone else.

I was trying to think of how I was going to get out alive when,the big bad guy realized he had me cornered and things were getting serious. He looked me right in the eye and apoligized and shook my hand. Nobody was happier about it than me.

Having said all of this, I'd still rather go to Tiger stadium and deal with mean cajuns than go to some other SEC schools and deal with mean rednecks. At least the cajuns would rather have a party than a bar fight IME.

Britt