Originally Posted by New_York_Hunter2
Personally I take what Bud Poliquin says with a grain of salt, I read the Syracuse Post Standard everyday. Was SU excited about playing in Auburn, sure they were, floored....NO. Now if someone wants to say SU was floored in 2001 when they played at Tennessee and lost 33-9, I'll buy that. The crowd at Tennessee overwhelmed SU, there is no doubt about it. A lot of SU's players that played in the Auburn game, played in the Tennessee game the year before. Maybe Tennessee got them use to a big loud crowd, I don't know. SU played Auburn very well in 2002. You don't do that if you're floored.

I'm not going to sit here for one minute and say that football isn't A LOT bigger in the south and a lot of other places for that matter, because it is. Syracuse's Carrier Dome seats about 49,000 people. It does get pretty loud because of the Dome. However I'm sure it still doesn't compare with 95,000 plus. Hopefully I'll get to go to some football games down south and even out west in the future, have to wait and see. Maybe .280Rem can pull some strings and get into a Alabama-Auburn game someday, whatdya say .280? smile

NYH,

Bud Polquin just wrote what he saw, and what the coach and AD said, and compared it to Orangemen Football.

As for pulling strings...I pull them every spring when I pay the contribution...we have a block of 6 seats to every home Auburn game, including Bama when they come to the plains. The last one I was at in Tuscaloosa was 2004. Then before that 2002. Can't recall the last one I was saw at Legion field...was sometime around 1990. Been "pullin those strings" with Benjamins since 1993.

War Damn Eagle!