Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by New_York_Hunter2
If you're talking about the 2002 game, SU couldn't have been that floored, they scored 34 points and only lost by a field goal.

Guess UGA wasn't all that impressed with Tuberville Field at Jordan-Hare West Stadium (better known as Bryant-Dummy err Denny) either. UGA WON by a fieldgoal yesterday. And, I gotta tell ya, winning by a FG feels a d@mn sight better than losing by one.
I agree, a wins a win, I know South Florida is happy with their field goal win at Auburn a few weeks ago. That was a prime time game wasn't it?

You said-
I recall when Syracuse came to Auburn a few years back...one of their sports writers wrote a column that made it back to Auburn...they were floored by our fervor...and it was a game where only about 84,000 turned out...nothing special. Can't imagine how they'd have felt coming in to Red Stick for a 6:45 kickoff! They might have cut and run.
That's complete BS. Syracuse wasn't "floored by our fervor" as you say.
Syracuse at Auburn Sept.28, 2002. Looks like a good game to me!
...............1ST....2ND......3RD....4TH....OVERTIME FINAL
Syracuse ...10 .....7 ........0 ........ 7 ........10 .........34
Auburn ..... 0 ......3 ........7 ........14 ....... 13 ..........37

I wonder what happened the year before in 2001 when Auburn came up here to play Syracuse in the Carrier Dome that only seats 49,000 or so and lost 31 to 14 to Syracuse??

Alabama is better team this year then they were a year ago and they're only going to get better. It's Saban's first year. Baby steps my friend. We'll see how Auburn does against Georgia November 10th.

I guess I should have said, "The writer was floored by the fervor". Maybe thats more accurate. Would you like me to find the article and post it?

Turns out, at least for now, USF is a ranked team and a good team, not a bad loss as far as losses go, 'course none are good, so...maybe we should claim it as a moral victory since it was just an OT loss? Maybe schedule a trip to Hawaii and call it a "bowl game" to make us feel better? I'm not going to pretend for a second that Auburn is a good team or playing well...but I do find it funny that you want to compare our game against UGA some 7 or so weeks from now to yours, rather than the game that will happen on the plains a couple of weeks after that. Care to place some bullets where your mouth is on the Bama at AU game? Y'all do have a better record against Auburn in Auburn than you do in T-town...y'all have won one in Auburn before! Gosh when was that? Oh yeah...2001!
We can talk about it all we want. I don't gamble, never been my thing......got to many other bad habits. smile

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!