A few more words for Paul.

The plank wall you see next to the fireplace is made from 2x10 rough cut plank that I notched out with a skill saw ripping the lengths two ways on the top and bottom. i then took a draw knife to the exposed edge to give it a hand-hewn look. Sanding cane next just enough to take off the wiskers and smooth out the draw knife work. It is all stained and sealed with furniture grade finish. This is also done to the exterior wall also wherever I used plank. That makes the walls 10 inches thick and foam insulated.

The third pic down is shot from the fireplace side and shows the crisscrossed beams and bar between the living area and the kitchen. The crisscross beam idea was done to lower the ceiling giving it a more intimate feel and add lighting ambience as the light refracts between the beams. My wife wanted to be able to be part of all of what was going on while in "her" kitchen, so I made the kitchen the center of the house hub. You can see the dining area, living area, her computer area and views out to the main field from her domain.

The bar top was a slab of elm of very unusual live edge and birds eye. I took some thought to utilize the shape to fit the fawcett and posts. that is the reason for the shaping for the end as it a half inch away from being too short. I had to turn the nicer of the sides down to make it work. It is still a nice piece.