Originally Posted by Diesel
In case you missed it, all the wood except the plank and beams is done on a circular saw to keep the saw marks visible. Band saws did the beams and plank. I burned up six orbital sanders and one table saw in the process. Almost all the lumber and raw material was hauled in my ford f150. I had help with the framing and roof and block work. My wife and step daughter contributed in so many ways, from sanding to insulating and painting.

I absolutely hate drywall work but pushed through it. This is my last build as i am 69 now and just want to putter around on the land now. I am truly grateful to have accomplished this much and have it turn out as envisioned. It was a hell of a lot of work and appreciate my wife's patience throughout the process, she is a tough nut.

I have been told it was foolish to do this at my age and that I would not have much time to enjoy it. But it was a labor of love and there is plenty of reward in that alone. If I were to die today I would have been happy with the ride.

There are still things to do but should finish this summer, God willing and health holds up.

Thanks for looking in and all the wonderful remarks. I AM kinda proud of the whole thing

And to Wabi.. IF, there any imperfections somewhere, my old eyes are now a blessing.
What type of wood are the beams? Did you fell them and do all the milling yourself?

Buy once, cry once.