These pics are of the den or study. My wife is a hunter too and some of the deer are hers. The kids jokingly call it the dead animal room.

The first pic is looking toward the dining area. This post is being done from that desk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The lumber you see stacked in this pic will be a built in wall system that will display a few rifles and guns and store all the clutter laying about. I read a lot and just getting the books corralled in one spot would be huge for me.

I used to do some bobcat hunting with my friends who have good mountain cur dogs. Legs are getting too bad to keep up with the young bucks so not so much anymore. That's one of the cats you see in this pic if you can make it out. The wall is made of vertical 2x10 plank ship lapped and scribe fit. The whole idea of the build is to take the same elements and repeat them in different ways throughout the house. Just another use of the same plank as in the living and dining areas. All the antlers in this pic were shot by my wife on the property.

We used to have a pretty good crew of bear hunters that over the years have killed over 30 Pennsylvania bears. I have taken my share.

Last edited by Diesel; 02/12/22.