From standing by the stairwell railing you would be looking down the hall. The hall was designed to give a sense of all the beam work in the ceiling. As you look down the hall you are looking toward the master bath at the end. The idea was to show off just how many beams are in this house. Canned lights are recessed and spaced every third beam throughout the entire house. All lights are on dimmers and L.E.D. to conserve power usage. The whole house runs on a Honda generator adapted for natural gas.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This pic shows the triple windows on the left. They are there to give natural light into the hall. They look out to the small deck and toward the old cabin. Anytime I could add views and light into the design, I did. Living in that old cabin with little light taught me that and it also keeps power usage down.

All the interior doors I made are different. No two alike just for fun and add interest. This first one is pretty heavy from the one inch thick strips on both sides of the door. Clavos cover the attachment screws and give it the "look".

The pic below is a sliding door just behind the clavos door. It leads into the master bath. It is made with salvaged twisted succor rods from days gone by given to me buy a friend in the oil business. They are pretty rare nowadays.

This third door it to my wife's walkin closet. It is a speakeasy slider with small pieces of twisted succor rods.