Day 2 of the thread,

This first pic is of the dining area. It looks out over the main field and towards the spot we first saw the old cabin. Coffee tastes better from this spot for some reason. All the critters put on the show out that big window. Spring has the gobblers strutting and the fawns with their moms. Deer are out there all year but with the rut comes the fights. When I plant corn the bears are about. Great entertainment.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The next two are pics of the same room with the door leading out to the big deck.

When the chinking is applied it will give the walls that log cabin feel. I am making my own light fixture for this room that will be very unique and "artsy". I am still gathering components.

I just had hand surgery, so I have time to do this thread or I would be building the table for the dining area. In due time.

I planted the main field perimeter with 30 apple trees a dozen years back and the apples draw in the deer and bear late September to December. Rule number one is no shooting big game in these fields...It's too easy and would stop the show.

Crops for the wildlife are rotated year to year and season to season mainly for the critters. I have learned a lot about food plotting over the years to much satisfaction. There are perennial wildflowers strips planted in the forefront of this view that just adds to the whole picture.