Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rainshot
It was fought and won to free men from slavery.

And to enslave men to a centralized state.

Your problem is that you were born into a cage, so cannot even perceive the bars.

The “free men from slavery” argument is Bu llshit.

Rain shot.

Would YOU die to give freedom to people that you didn’t know? How many people do you know who would sacrifice their life or even consider sacrificing their life for people that they didn’t know? How about lining up several million Americans who would sign up for that gig.

With William Wilberforce having defeated slavery within the British Empire we have further evidence that a war was not needed. Please, save your stupid arguments for the ignorant masses who don’t possess the ability to string 10 neurons together in thought.

I might if I believed I would one day stand before God Almighty in judgement and account for my life.

So what advice did Paul give slaves? There were probably ten times more of them at that moment in the Roman world than there ever were in America.

He didn't tell them to work for their freedom and then to buy their own slaves. Your question is idiotic at best.

He's also wrong. Rome at its peak had between 5-10 million slaves. The United States in 1860 had 3.75 million slaves