Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have felt for many years that Lincoln was the father of the huge federal government we have today. The war gave him what he needed to implement it. He the same as admitted it when he made the statement that freeing the slaves was not it's purpose. It's purpose was to preserve the union. So ever since we have been taught that
he was a great president and that he saved the union. That has been a diversion, in my eyes, to what the real purpose was. Never ever forget how near sighted most of us are. We view our world within the course of our own lifetimes. Men that form the future, whether for good or bad, do not. Lincoln was part of a master plan that is still playing out. This plan was forged in hell by the devil himself. There are no party lines in this. There is only good and bad. The Founders were on the side of good. They modeled this nation with God's approval. Any leader that goes against that has only one side to be in league with. Lincoln has also been portrayed as a man of God. I need to see evidence of that.

So let me get this straight...............you think Lincoln got rid of the evil of slavery to usher in a new evil of a huge federal government?

I'm reminded of this:

“How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end” (Mark 3:23-26).