Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antlers
I ain’t gettin’ too hung up on the timeline. The preterist view does make sense to me. But Jesus may have been referring to something else when He said that even He doesn’t know when ‘those times’ will happen.
Originally Posted by Muffin
HE didn't say HE didn't know WHEN, HE said that HE didn't know the 'day nor hour'........
That distinction in minutiae requires some mental gymnastics that I struggle with. Not knowin’ is not knowin’, to me anyways.
Originally Posted by Muffin
HE said it would happen to the generation then alive. HE said that the men HE was talking to would see it. HE said that it would IMMEDIATELY follow the abomination of Desolation, which they also would see.
I agree that it makes sense to me that He was addressing His contemporaries, and that ‘they themselves’ would see the things described in His prophecy, and that it referred to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple…things that were certainly witnessed by the generation to whom He was speaking.

AND, 'the day nor the hour' is buried within THAT generation.

'...all these things...'

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )