This evening I finally had a chance to mess with the 600. Installed a Timney Elite Hunter set at 2.5#. Not much to it other than chiseling out a little bit of clearance for the safety lever. Absolutely zero creep, breaks like a glass rod. Also installed the aluminum bottom metal. Fit perfectly. Everything feeds and ejects nicely.

Waiting on the aluminum rail in the mail (should get here next week), but have the old rail and scope bases off. Was planning to glass bed this weekend, but got a nice little surprise when I took it apart the first time... it came with a nice bed and float job, so I'm gonna leave it alone, at least until after getting to the range.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Stock finish arrived in better shape than I expected, too. So I will probably still strip and refinish, but might bump that down the priority list a little bit. I will definitely fit and grind a recoil pad. The current pad hasn't totally hardened up, but I've never been a fan of the webbed-style pads. Thinking a red decelerator would look good. Might also jewel the bolt.

[Linked Image]

So far, this is shaping up to be a little box blind killing machine. I'll be curious to see how loud a full-house 308 load is with the 18.5" barrel... but I've been telling myself for the last 2 years that I really need to start wearing ear protection -- at least in the blinds and/or around the kids -- so maybe this will finally get me to do it.

Last edited by clockwork_7mm; 04/02/22.