Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by MOGC
All this talk of how robust the Ruger is, and it certainly is, but how many have actually seen a L- frame shoot loose?

crickets.........

Out of the 2 offered, I'd go 686 all day long.

"Shooting loose" is not a term I used. But anybody that has any time around an L-frame and a GP-100 will quickly determine that the GP is the tougher of the two.

And you've never shot or used a GP.

So STFU.

I haven't even shot the 6" gp100 I recently bought yet but it does have a solid feel to it. I should have kept the 4" gp100 I had in 327fed. It was a good shooting solid gun but I have a single 7 in 327 too and in cull the herd moment decided I didn't need both. A local shop actually has a 4" gp100 7 shot 357 in stock that they said they'd go $750 on. I think I'll look around this week and see if anyone has a 686 like I want locally.

Maybe I'm getting old but I really had almost no interest in 357 for years. I have several 44s and just figured that was where things started as far as revolvers went. I think that starting to cast bullets again and the python being released again has perked my interest. After running a dozen or 2 of hotter 270g gold dot 44 mag loads through my 329 pd this week I realized that type of shooting just isn't fun anymore. I dropped down to a 240g nosler jsp over power pistol at about 1150 fps in the 329pd and it's tolerable but not enjoyable.

The 329 is what I carry the most revolver wise so I like to practice with it but it feels more like work lately than pleasure. I spent last night casting more lee 148g tumble lube wad cutters and thinking how much fun they'll be to just practice with at 38 special speeds in the heavy gp100. I'll get them powder coated and try loading them over about 4.5-5g universal and give them a try in that 6" gp100. They might even make my 360 pd enjoyable to shoot. I think I've grown out of the full power all the time stage.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/03/22.