Originally Posted by boatanchor
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Sorry to hear 'bout your Python's SA pull, I've only shot one and for me they are/were a dream gun. Based on feedback here on the Campfire, I wouldn't buy one of the new ones.

Tom I wouldn't let the ol' campfire naysayers run ya' off one. I have a new Python and Anaconda, and the trigger pulls on both are more than acceptable.

I don't have my new Anaconda yet but me and the 2 friends I shoot with have our Pythons, SA trigger pull ranges from 6lb 3oz to 6lb 8oz on the 3 revolvers.
For a $1500 revolver a 6 1/2lb trigger might be more than acceptable to you but is completely unacceptable to me...............mine is at the gunsmith right now getting fixed.
In the meantime I will keep shooting my trusty 686

Mine is well over 6 pounds. Not exactly sure where it is because my scale doesn't go that high. I have two original anaconda and they are much better. I love everything else about my new python except the single action trigger pull. The double action pull is quite good. I should probably just get the trigger done and use the python but I'm still going to look for a 4" seven shot 686. I'm making piles of 148 wadcutters so I can get some practice in. I don't shoot handguns enough to be good with one. I plan to change that.

Does anyone know if the 170g Keith type bullets seat too far out for some shorter 357 cylinders? I think a good 170g Keith would work well as an all around cast load. I've loaded 180g wfn cast bullets for my wife's 3" sp101 that she carries fishing. I've found the heavier bullets still get decent velocity from the shorter barrels.

My favorite all around 357 bullet is probably the 158 xtp. I load a lot of those for her 101 too. The 158 xtp penetrates well enough for most things less than grizzly yet still offers enough expansion for self defense.

I used to use 125g hps for self d in a 357 and still occasionally carry a rem golden Saber 125g 357 load that Remington didn't load much hotter than 38 +p. That's usually what I have in my 360 pd because it's hard to handle much more than that in the little scadnium.

Bb