Originally Posted by minengr
A high school drop out, that works part time at Wendy's, isn't my first pick for a disciplined teenager that saves money well.

BK is paying $8-$12/hr in that town, so this kid isn't pulling down $600/wk, it's probably closer to $200. Who knows? But I'm betting he wasn't the 40hr/wk type.

Either way, I'd like to know more. A $2000 AR and a $400 optic? If you're adding 60 mags at $10ea, 1500 rounds for $750(?), and another rifle for (?$?) we're now at $4000+.

One of my best friends is one of the most disciplined and frugal people I know. He saved $750 as a teenager to purchase a Shiloh Sharps right when Quigley was released. It's a decent comparison money wise, although my buddy had to wait three years to get his rifle, so there is that. It can be done, but I don't think this kid did it.

With your math of $200 a week and $4k that is 5 months. Very easy to do.

My 19 year old daughter works part time at McDs here in town, 30sh hours a week. Almost 2 years and she is knocking on +$20k in her bank account.

Pays her own car insurance, gas, phone and anything extra she wants, also pays for any of her co-pays at any doc visits. I guess the only thing she doesn't pay for is utilities.

Buying what he bought on a part time job is highly doable especially if he really had his mind set on it which he obviously did.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 06/01/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!