Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by minengr
A high school drop out, that works part time at Wendy's, isn't my first pick for a disciplined teenager that saves money well.

BK is paying $8-$12/hr in that town, so this kid isn't pulling down $600/wk, it's probably closer to $200. Who knows? But I'm betting he wasn't the 40hr/wk type.

Either way, I'd like to know more. A $2000 AR and a $400 optic? If you're adding 60 mags at $10ea, 1500 rounds for $750(?), and another rifle for (?$?) we're now at $4000+.

One of my best friends is one of the most disciplined and frugal people I know. He saved $750 as a teenager to purchase a Shiloh Sharps right when Quigley was released. It's a decent comparison money wise, although my buddy had to wait three years to get his rifle, so there is that. It can be done, but I don't think this kid did it.

With your math of $200 a week and $4k that is 5 months. Very easy to do.

My 19 year old daughter works part time at McDs here in town, 30sh hours a week. Almost 2 years and she is knocking on +$20k in her bank account.

Pays her own car insurance, gas, phone and anything extra she wants, also pays for any of her co-pays at any doc visits. I guess the only thing she doesn't pay for is utilities.

Buying what he bought on a part time job is highly doable especially if he really had his mind set on it which he obviously did.

It sounds like she's well on her way to shooting up a school.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.