Originally Posted by scottf270
Until I see a prominent black leader stand up and say, " We, the black community ", have a problem. We glorify gangs, drugs, thugs. We don't value education. We don't value hard work and expect everything handed to us. We have destroyed our family units with out of wedlock children." Etc. Things will never change.

Candace Owens?

I don't know that the black community, as a whole, actively glorifies gangs, drugs, and thugs, but they seem to tolerate bad behavior in their ranks.

The destruction of the traditional two parent family unit is destroying all of America, not just the black community, although I have read that somewhere around 75% of black babies are born to unwed mothers. It seems to me that African Americans tend to be feral breeders and that is at least one of the root causes for their economic challenges.

In 2020 a black man who was protesting the George Floyd death was shot and killed by a white man. The local newspaper reported that the dead man, James Scurlock, shared at least 1 parent with 25 other people. Think about that, between his black father and white mother they produced 25 children with multiple partners. As a role model, Scurlock's father is a convicted felon, so the adjective "good" isn't applicable. What kind of parents create 25 children that they can't afford to raise?