Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Cool post.

As a kid when most of my friends were talking about sports hero’s and Michael Jordan or Joe Montana I was following gun writers. Seyfried was my favorite and always the articles that I read first even when G&A was loaded with talented writers.

How did you get to know Ross?

I called John Linebaugh about his big bore revolvers. I was in Okinawa when Ross's story on the .500 came out in G&A.

When I got back to USA I gave Linebaugh a call and asked if any of his customers were in Colorado and would they be willing to let me shoot a .475.

Linebaugh threw Ross under the bus but I knew he was close so it was sort of a set up. This was back in the day when people answered their home phone.

I called Ross and he grudgingly agreed to let me come out and shoot his .475 revolver.

I didn't shoot his barn and seemed able to hit the target so he sort of took me under his wing. I owe him a lot.

Originally Posted by beretzs
Cool stuff John. Do you remember much about the bullets you were using back them. Pretty good shooting for a mile, even for todays tech.

Thanks for posting them up.

Be good to hear about the butt chewing that took place, or the details around it.

Bullets were Sierra 30 cal 210gr MatchKings. Barrel was a Douglas and 32 inches. Rifle weight about 17 lbs.

From what Ross told me he made contact with SOCOM and offered to send the rifle and ammo out for them to test.

After a bit of time he got back in contact and was told the rifle was to dangerous to be in civilian hands and was not going to be returned.

Other phone calls happened and a General was involved and apologies were made, by the General, and a rifle was returned post haste.

The General claimed azz chewings were done but I always thought an O-3 or two should have been fired and cashiered.
Ok