Originally Posted by tdbob
Narcan's not the most expensive drug in a paramedic's drug bag, but it's not free. Going on multiple responses on the same patients for the same thing is going to impact an agency's budget. These people are typically uninsured and don't have money to pay for a response. Something is going to have to give for some agencies. They'll either cease to be or stop carrying Narcan and just put these people in the recovery position and let them sleep it off. I'm sorry to those that might think that's cruel but that is the reality for some agencies.

IMHO, Narcan is a waste of my our dollars. Without directly saying so, tdbob's response points that direction.
Weds I was witness to a single car accident involving some crack/meth head. Took 4 Natcans to bring him around.
As I was giving my statement to the state trooper I overheard him on the radio. Seems the perp was responsible for 3 other vehicle accidents in a 10 mile stretch, south of this accident scene, and had just left a court appearance in the adjoining county seat.
Told the trooper that in the long run we'd all be better of if the were to have been left to his own demise, or double-tapped. Trooper didn't say anything, but the look on his face suggested his full agreement.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.