Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by battue
Another example of decision by campfire. You bought the ticket for this trip14 years ago…time to visit the vet.

And no good Dog deserves to have their brains blown out by the hand they came to for a head rub. This isn’t the 1800’s. “Oh let’s go to a favorite spot and when you’re not looking I’ll blow your brains out buddy.” Some don’t deserve Dogs or guns.
Really? My dogs have always disliked going to the vets. Letting someone else take care of my family isn't the way I live my life. I can definitely feel the pain and see why others choose a different way, but that's a pretty screwed up post.

I agree, and the response I erased earlier was not as subtle as yours. This really isn't the time or place for a pissing match, but I'll say this: I agree that to make a dog suffer through fear, stress and confusion by taking it to a vet because it alleviates YOUR anxiety and fears.... that's not the decision an adult makes.

Those of us who live farm life have to, as the time comes, put animals down. It's a mercy, and part of being a farmer by economic necessity. I love my old knucklehead almost as much as his father. I won't put him through the stress of the vet routine, he'll go by my hand where he's been happiest for 13 years of his life. My "feelings" about that don't matter, it's my responsibility.

You are correct, no time for a pissing match..However, none of mine had a problem going to the Vets...Where ever I took them, they trusted me that it was ok. All but one walked in and the other had to be carried. They didn't fight it..Why, because they trusted me. And I owed them the easiest way out. That's the adult decision.They were not farm animals...I've seen that side of life, first death I saw was chickens jumping around with no heads, pigs, etc, etc. Horses got a visit from the Vet.

Last edited by battue; 07/21/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler