Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Remsen
Dear Grizz:

Thank you for doing your part to keep Montana free from Californians.

Extra points for being a bicyclist as well.

Did the bear eat the bicycle also?

Crap as a 17 year old in the summer of 69, me and 15 other guys hiked close to 250 miles or so in a couple of weeks, in Glacier and Waterton National Parks.... we were east coast kids in a Scout Troop.... and had enough sense to not sleep anywhere near your food...

and yeah, we had the presence of Grizzleys on the trip.... even having to scare a few off... and kept a bear guard up in camp, taking a hour turn
of staying up watch.. like a fire guard in the Army....

but then I learned back then also... you couldn't tell a Californian Much.... they knew everything.. and better than anyone else did...

May Ms Lokan Rest in Peace... sorry for her family's loss....

She should have stayed in California, in her suburban home. and cycled around her neighborhood...

250 miles in 2 weeks? That's nearly 18 miles per day. Are you sure it wasn't a Sourdough hike - 50 miles? I did a few of those back in the day (2 in the Ouachita Nat'l Forest and 1 in the Crockett Nat'l Forest) and our longest day was about 20 miles and we were all beat.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue