That prostitute thing was just a theory suggested by a niece.

Here's another story.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/exploration-survival/what-killed-bear-lady/

The similarities between her and Timothy Treadwell are many. She called the bears "my bears." She got way too familiar with them. She actually let them come into her trailer. She hand fed them. And was warned many times that these bears would kill her if they got hungry enough. There is some disagreement as to the cause of her death, but there is no disagreement that her body was eaten after she died. "He said it’s even possible that the bears carried her into the woods, thinking they were protecting her." Yeah, that's what they did. :rollseyes:

The one thing I do agree with it that there is a substantial amount of bear poaching going on there. I actually carry a handgun when I'm out in that area as much for self protection from the poaching redneck as I do bears. I remember some poachers getting arrested for baiting bears with barrels of fish and peppermint candy. You can use bear hounds in NC, but can't bait.