Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
#3, more barrel clearance. This can be hard to accomplish if you have a plastic tip on the stock. The tip on a Rem CDL is hollow, so you can only take so much off!

I like a lot of clearance with wooden stock tips, especially those with tapered fore ends. Those have a lot of flex. If you can't get the clearance you want by sanding the channel, try a skim bed on top of what is already bedded and lift the barrel with tape to give the extra clearance while the epoxy sets up.

You can always go with the speed bump (#2) later. #1 (tape) is a temporary solution that might end up failing at the worst time.

That's the route I'd take, since the barrel shot real well when it was freefloated before. Optimal clearance is key there too. Since It's already been glass bedded, I probably wouldn't use the bread bag trick, however that works well with a factory stock where you don't want to depreciate the value of the collectible rifle with glass bedding. That's why my smith favored the bread bag clip on some of his pre 64 model 70's and he had been doing it for longer than most. This is all under the assumption the OP's rifle is actually "properly" glass bedded.. Some aren't, I've had to fix a few done by "gunsmiths"..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA